DeLonghi Coffee Machine Instructions
Growing interest in how to use DeLonghi coffee machine is the natural result of ever-growing demand for these coffeemakers. To be specific, DeLonghi group is one of the key players on the global coffee machine market, which depth is around $ 8 billion. Besides, experts estimate its compound annual growth rate to be at least 4.76% for the next 6-7 years.
In its turn, such a growing demand is due to the close integration of coffee drinks into our lives. For example, statistic shows 80% of the adult European and American population drink coffee at least once a week. Moreover, around 55% of the population consumes coffee daily.
So, to help coffee lovers master DeLonghi, we prepared one of the most detailed DeLonghi coffee machine use instructions to lead them from A to Z. This step-by-step guide will allow you to take advantage of this wonderful coffeemaker for many years. Though, here we describe how to use DeLonghi coffee machine, the same basic principle you can apply to other espresso and cappuccino makers such as Rancilio, La Marzocco, and Ascaso.
How to make an espresso using DeLonghi coffee machine
With DeLonghi coffee machine, brewing and serving espresso are very easy. To clarify, it takes just six steps to enjoy your flavoured beverage.
Step 1. Arrange the water tank
Pay attention, this is the very first step as it is crucial to the safe and long-term functioning of your coffee machine.
1. Check the reservoir for water and its level. With some models, you need to remove the reservoir and inspect the water level manually. However, there are models with a float indicator to simplify this task.
2. If there is little or no water in the reservoir, fill it with the amount of water you need. Note, operating a coffee maker with an empty water reservoir is not only a waste of your time but shortens its lifespan and unsafe for your health.
3. Insert the tank back into your coffee machine. You should hear a click sound when inserting. This sound indicates you put the tank right in its position.
Step 3. Arrange your espresso cups
The temperature of espresso cups affects the coffer taste. If you pour the hottest espresso in a cold cup, it gets cool and loses some of its flavours. So, pre-warm your cups to avoid this disappointment.
1. Arrange the demitasses in an upside-down position.
2. Put the cups on the top of your coffee maker (here a cup-warming area is located).
3. Also, you can warm your demitasses using hot water or steam.
Step 4. Arrange your coffee ingredient
Depending on the model of a DeLonghi espresso machine, you may have one or more of the following options to use it as raw material:
2. If your DeLonghi has a built-in grinder or deals with capsules, prepare it in the quantity you need and go straight to the next step.
Step 5. Fill the portafilter cup with coffee and tamp it
Note tamping coffee powder is a crucial step in making coffee with a rich and stable flavor. Poor or inappropriate tamping leaves ground coffee poorly pressed. To clarify, water runs through poorly tamped coffee too fast and fails to extract its flavor in full. If you use espresso capsules, you don’t need to tamp coffee as is it already done for you.
1. Take the filter holder and use the portafilter cups of the correct size. The cup sizes differ depending on whether you want to make a single or double espresso. Your coffee machine initially equipped with the filters that have marks on the bottom of the cups to help you understand which cup to use for a single or double espresso.
2. Fill the cup with coffee powder or pod depending on your coffee maker model. If you use coffee powder, fill the cup up to its rim and brush the excess.
3. Tamp coffee powder. Here, you have two options – a tamper built in the machine or your own hand-held tamper. If you use the built-in tamper, put the horn cup under it and press the tamper upward. If you prefer your own hand-held tamper, move it firmly creating steady press neatly across the surface.
4. Insert the portafilter into its correct position in the machine. You should hear a click sound when inserting. This sound indicates you put the tank right in its position
Step 6. Brew your espresso
Now you have completed all the preparation steps and just in one step from enjoying your espresso.
1. Take one or two pre-warm demitasses depending on whether you are going to make single or double espresso. Put it on the drip tray. If you put two cups, make sure you position them the way a one espresso flow will run into one cup whilst a second espresso flow will run into another cup.
2. Select the right button on the machine and press it. The number of cups on the button icon indicates how much espresso drew cycles the machine will run. Note if you need double espresso, press the button with a two-cup icon.
3. Wait till the machine heat water, create necessary pressure, and deliver espresso into the demitasses.
How to steam and froth milk using DeLonghi machine
With DeLonghi machine, you can not only brew rich espresso but make flavour Latte or Cappuccino as well. In other words, this coffee maker has a functional to steam and froth milk. It has a separate thermostat to control the temperature for steaming and frothing milk and the steamer arm to accomplish the procedure. So, follow these steps to enjoy your latte or cappuccino.
1. Fill the pitcher with milk. Generally, we recommend pouring milk up to 1/3 of the pitcher for one Cappuccino and no more than 2/3 of the pitcher for one Latte.
2. Insert the nozzle of the steamer arm into the pitcher with milk. Make sure you don’t insert the nozzle too deep into milk. Use the highlighted mark on the spout as an indicator.
3. Press the button with a steam icon and make sure it indicates its readiness.
4. Turn the knob on. Your DeLonghi will generate hot steam and release it into your milk warming it and creating foam.
5. Set the desired foal level.
6. Turn the knob off and remove the pincher with steamed and frothed milk.
7. Clean the steamer arm. Turn the knob on again to rid of milk particles got into the nozzle. Use a cup to collect hot water and be careful to avoid scalds. Then turn it off and wipe the nozzle with a cloth
8. Press the steam-iconed button to switch the steam-generating function off.
At last, you have steamed and frothed milk. Take a latte of cappuccino cup, pour here espresso, and add your milk.
How to clean and maintain DeLonghi coffee machine
As it comes with every equipment, proper maintenance prolongs its lifespan. Moreover, when it comes to the coffee machine service, regular cleaning helps to keep the coffee flavour rich, pure, and unspoiled. So, make it a good habit to follow these DeLonghi coffee machine maintenance instructions.
1. As we set it earlier, clean the steamer arm immediately after every use. Turn the knob on again to rid of milk particles got into the nozzle. Use a cup to collect hot water and be careful to avoid scalds. Then turn it off and wipe the nozzle with a cloth.
2. Clean the filter holder and its cups after every use. Just rinse them with water, wipe them with a cloth, and let them dry.
3. Clean the drip tray after every use. Remove the drip tray and wash it with soap water, wipe them with a cloth, and let them dry.
4. Descale your DeLonghi at least every 3 months. Some models have a red indicator that starts flashing when descaling is required. Add some recommended de-scaler into the water tank. Then, turn the coffee machine on as if you are going to brew espresso. Do not forget to insert the portafilter first into its correct position in the machine to clean if from any built-up residue as well.
To sum up, it is very easy to brew rich espresso and make flavoured Latte or Cappuccino when using our detailed instructions for DeLonghi coffee maker. Besides, it is equally easy to keep it functioning perfectly for years while providing it with proper maintenance.
LE Company team